Thursday, November 20, 2008

Day 6 conclusion: Wicked 1, Howling Fjord 0

Tonight for the first time (outside of dungeons or the odd "If we group we won't have to compete for X" situation) Wicked wasn't alone. She was joined by two friends of mine, a shadow priest and a holy paladin.

I actually got online a little before them and did one or two quests solo. Tip: If you need to level up a weapon (or unarmed, I guess) skill, I can't think of a much easier place to do it than at the gate to Valgarde, where the mobs spawn constantly. You can back up and they'll lose interest pretty fast too.

Once they got online and arrived, we immediately began burning through the quests at a high rate of speed. I learned a few things along the way:

  1. In Nifflevar, you can go into the spirit world via the item you got from a previous quest in order to skip mobs/horde while getting to and from the various harpoon quests.
  2. If one or two of you fall out of your mechanical suits, and one guy doesn't, you all still get credit for reading the data crystals.
  3. If at first you can't figure out what you're doing, look down - I got surprised when controlling my falcon, didn't expect to see the bar change. There needs to be a ding noise or a stone grating noise or something when your action bar changes. I'm not exactly playing with the mouse and looking at the bar all the time. On a side note, they should really let you get that controllable falcon as a non-combat-or-at-least-it-won't-fight-for-you-pet, that would have felt incredibly epic.

I managed to kill myself one time - one of them died jumping too far down the cliff, or at least hurt themselves really badly. I was looking for them and thought they'd found the path down, so I wind up running right off the cliff... and dying right at their feet. I then typed "HEY I FOUND YOU". Fortunately they can both resurrect so that made it much less painful.

We concluded the night at Westguard Keep, doing the daily and setting our hearthstones there. I went and got my training.

Wicked L69 Gnome Death Knight <Necromonger> Unholy/DPS 5/0/55 HKills: 94 HP 7639 Armor: 6095 Power: 1223 Hit: 16 Crit: 10.71 Avg item level: 96

The plan for tonight is to pick up at Westguard keep, but who knows maybe we'll hit Utgarde Keep while we're at it. At some point I'd like to also go back and visit the Borean Tundra since there's plenty of easy XP to be had there as well.

No comments: